3 Pop-Up Art Exhibitions You Should Pop Into

Hello Sunshine! 

There’s a new trend gaining popularity that combines two of my favorite things: art and taking pictures! Pop-Up Art Exhibitions are popping up all over the country showcasing innovative and interactive art installations from local and international artists. 

Check out these 3 Pop-Up Art Exhibitions where you’re guaranteed to have a great time AND get the perfect pic for the gram! 

The Black Hair Experience


This exhibition pairs “nostalgic moments of culture with affirmations of self-love.” I was fortunate enough to visit the DMV location and from the moment I walked in, I was greeted with the sights and sounds of Black Girl Magic! I enjoyed over a dozen “Instagram-able” installations ranging from the aisles of a hair store to a hair roller pit! Iconic Black magazine covers and colorful murals created inspiring backdrops as I toured the exhibition. I concluded my visit with a stop at the Hair Oil Lab where I received my own hair oil mixture!  The staff was friendly and helpful and the gift shop had a plethora of merchandise and accessories fit for a Queen.  Most importantly, I truly felt seen and affirmed in a space created specifically to celebrate my Blackness!  Get your tickets for the DMV location now because they close up shop in early November!


  • The Black Hair Experience Locations: National Habor, MD; Atlanta, GA; (Dallas, TX coming Fall 2021)
  • Cost: $28-$32 General Admission; $48-$52 VIP Admission
  • Hours of Operation:  
    • Thursday-Friday 3pm-8pm, 
    • Saturday-Sunday 10am-8pm


The Color Factory



The Color Factory is an experience inspired by the "joy of color".  This art exhibition is made up of mix of immersive installations, partnerships with local nonprofits/small food businesses, and a colorful aesthetic that will be sure to ensnare the senses. During my visit to the New York location, each guest was given a unique color that had been collected right in the heart of the city. I created poetry, music, personality profiles, and even tasted sweet treats all based on the color I received at the beginning of the tour. One ingenious feature of the exhibition was the photo kiosk in each room. You can activate the booth and retrieve photos you take in each space using your given photo card. All photos are then sent electronically to an email of your choice. This place was fun and full of surprises!
  • The Color Factory Locations: New York, NY; Houston, TX (Chicago, IL location coming Spring 2022)
  • Cost: $28-$38 General Admission
  • Hours of Operation
    • Sunday-Tuesday 9am-6pm, 
    • Closed Wednesday, 
    • Thursday-Saturday 9am-8pm
  • Safety Measures: Masks must be worn at all times.
  • Websitehttps://colorfactory.co/



Wonderspaces


Wonderspaces is a Pop-Up Art Exhibition I was able to visit in my hometown of Philly!  Wonderspaces seeks to convert urban spaces into an exploratory wonderland. The exhibition encourages guests to connect with art in new ways, including an incredibly realistic virtual reality exhibit.  My favorite installations were the hanging lights that glowed and pulsated to music and the body paint exhibit that let you project paint onto the wall through body movement.  The self-guided tour is accompanied by an online guide that describes the artist and meaning behind each installation.  I'd highly recommend you download this to get the full experience.  I love that the exhibits change from season to season so you can get a new experience every time you visit!  

  • Wonderspaces Locations: Scottsdale, AX; Philadelphia, PA; Austin, TX; San Diego, CA
  • Cost: $15-$24 General Admission
  • Hours of Operation
    • Closed Monday-Tuesday, 
    • Wednesday-Thursday 4pm-10pm, 
    • Friday 12pm-10pm, 
    • Saturday 10am-10pm, 
    • Sunday 10am-9pm
  • Safety Measures: Mask must be worn at all times.
  • Websitehttps://www.wonderspaces.com/


Which Pop-Up Exhibitions would you like to POP into? Comment below!

As always, I pray that you are happy and healthy and that you find sunshine wherever you are.  



Comments

  1. Looks like so much fun. I have yet to get to all three of these and want to check them out! Definitely on my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sunshine! Thanks so much for visiting and reading! I hope you get to enjoy some of these events soon :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Sunshine!

10 Things To Think About Since the World "Re-Opened"